StopTech Sport High Performance Brake Systems - Formerly Known as SportStop High Performance Brake Systems
SportStop High Performance Brake Systems
In their continuing mission to be the leader in brake systems. Centric Parts has teamed up with StopTech to offer a high performance line of brake components — StopTech Stop High Performance Brake Systems. Sold separately or together as a brake kit, known as an Axle Pack. StopTech Sport offers:
- Street Performance Brake Friction Front and Rear Brake Pad Sets
- StopTech Sport Brake Rotors
- StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- StopTech Sport Axle Pack Pad And Rotor Brake Kits
- StopTech Big Brake Kits
Street Performance Brake Friction
For street and autocross driving, the SportStop line targets performance enthusiast’s requirements with a select group of friction compounds offering improved bite and modulation, and increased fade resistance compared to OE brake pads.
StopTech Sport Brake Pads (prefix 309)
- Formerly known as Street Performance Pads.
- High MOT to Eliminate Fade.
- Excellent Actuation, Modulation and Release.
- Positive Molded for Uniform Friction Material.
- Scorched to Raise Initial Cold Effectiveness.
- Para-Aramid Composites for Linear Response.
- Dyno Proven Performance and Service Life.
- Lab-Developed Formulas with Strong Initial Bite.
- Ideal for Autocross and Light Track Day Use.
StopTech Street Brake Pads (prefix 308)
- All new performance pad from StopTech.
- Superior Braking Performance for “Street” Driving.
- Lab-Tested, OE-Style Design and Features.
- Rotor-Friendly, Low-Dust for Cleaner Wheels.
- Dyno-Proven Shims for Quiet Operation.
- Positive Molded for Consistent Performance.
- Scorched to Ease Bed-In.
- Premium Hardware for Precision OE Fitment.
- Dyno Tested for Max Performance & Service Life.
- Platform Specific Friction Compounds.
- Ideal for Daily Driving and Touring.
SportStop Street Performance Brake Friction is the Centric-recommended brake pad for performance (versus a brake pad recommendation aligned with OE braking specifications). This includes the following performance brake pads:
- 100 - Original Equipment Formula Brake Pads
- 102 - C-Tek-Standard Metallic Brake Pads
- 104 - Posi Quiet Metallic Brake Pads with Shims
- 105 - Posi Quiet Ceramic Brake Pads with Shims
- 106 - Posi Quiet Extended Wear Brake Pads with Shims
SportStop Performance Brake Rotors
SportStop slotted, drilled or drilled & slotted brake rotors are a great first upgrade for the original brake systems of cars and trucks. SportStop one-piece direct replacement brake rotors fit stock calipers. The internal vane structure is identical to stock rotors. Quality is assured as the rotors are manufactured to meet or exceed all OE specifications.
Drilling and/or slotting helps wipe away the debris that forms between the brake pad and the disc. This adds more bite by keeping fresh pad material exposed to the rotor surface and promoting more consistent braking performance. The drilling and/or slotting also allows the rear brakes to match the aesthetics of a front big brake kit.
The rotor finish helps prevent glazing of the pads and improves wet and dry braking performance. Most StopTech Sport rotors have a durable e-coating on the non-swept areas of the rotor to prevent unsightly corrosion.
- Direct replacement, stock-sized rotors that fit stock calipers.
- Increased initial bite response.
- Improved wet weather response.
- Reduced brake pad glazing.
- OE vane designs, including casting part line location.
- Machining designs engineered for optimal rotor integrity.
- Double-disc ground for a consistent friction surface and better pad bed-in.
- Mill-balanced for vibration-free performance.
- E-coating on non-friction surfaces provides lasting, attractive looks.
- Enhances open wheel appearance.
Stoptech Sport Rotors (Previously Known as Power Slot or SportStop)
- 1-piece, drilled or drilled and slotted replacement rotors.
- Direct replacement for your factory brake rotor, allowing the retention of your factory calipers.
- Offer improved cooling.
- Offer better heat & gas dissipation for improved stopping power and pedal feel.
- Include e-coating.
- Offer full machining, mill balancing & symmetric split core castings.
- Availability of directional vanes (application dependent) and power alloy castings (application dependent).
- Stoptech® sport rotors are direct replacement discs for your factory brake system and stock calipers. They offer improved cooling as well as other advantages the competition doesn't offer.
- Slotting and/or cross-drilling helps wipe away the debris that forms between the pad and the disc, adds more bite, and can help the rear brakes to match the aesthetics of a front big brake kit. The rotor finish helps prevent glazing of the pads and improves wet and dry braking performance.
- Additionally, StopTech® Sport Rotors feature a durable black e-coating on the non-swept areas of the rotor to prevent corrosion.
Stoptech Cryo Rotors (Previously known as Power Slot or SportStop)
- Deep cryogenic treatment to permanently improve the performance & wear characteristics.
- Rotor cooled to -300°f, then gradually heated to +300°f and then slowly returned to room temperature.
- Extends the service life of the brake rotor.
- Improves tensile strength & abrasive wear resistance.
StopTech Axle Pack Pad and Rotor Kits
Stoptech Sport Axle Pack
- Drilled and/or slotted high performance StopTech Sport Rotors for better cooling, shorter stops and reduced fade.
- StopTech Sport Pads for aggressive street or track day use.
- StopTech High Performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines for reduced system compliance and increased durability.
Application: Sports cars and sport sedans that are routinely driven hard on the street, autocrossed or tracked
Stoptech Truck Axle Pack
- Slotted high performance StopTech Sport Rotors.
- StopTech Sport high thermal capacity pads.
Application: Trucks and SUVs that see heavier braking due to towing, hauling or high performance driving on- or off-road
StopTech Street Axle Pack
- Drilled and/or slotted high performance StopTech Sport Rotors.
- StopTech Street Pads.
Application: For drivers who want improved braking performance and enhanced looks, with low dust and low noise
StopTech Select Sport Axle Pack
- Drilled & slotted silver replacement rotors and StopTech Street Brake Pads.
Application: For drivers who want a simple solution for drilled and slotted rotors and premium pads
StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines for stock calipers are a significant upgrade to standard cars. Stainless Steel Brake Lines improve pedal feel and reduce the amount of time between applied pedal pressure and actual deceleration by preventing expansion, which stock rubber flex lines allow. This provides a quicker pedal response and allows the driver to maintain consistent brake pressure and precision brake modulation. StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines consist of a Teflon® inner hose that is covered with a layer of stainless steel woven braid that is wrapped in a clear, PVC plastic cover. The Teflon tube is very resistant to expansion under pressure and will not degrade from exposure to brake fluid. The stainless steel braid provides support for the Teflon and the weave is extremely durable against incidental impact and abrasion. StopTech brake lines feature a clear abrasion-resistant cover for maximum protection from debris and added protection against chaffing.
Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Hoses
- Consist of a PTFE (commonly referred to as Teflon®) inner line that carries the brake fluid, which is then covered with a layer of stainless steel woven braid.
- The PTFE tube is very resistant to expansion under pressure and will not degrade from exposure to brake fluid.
- The braided stainless steel provides support for the PTFE and the weave is extremely durable against incidental impact and abrasion.
- The stainless braided hose is coated with a clear abrasion resistant PVC cover for maximum protection against chaffing and strain relief devices reinforce end fittings.
- A variety of end fittings are available to meet most application needs.
- All fittings are engineered for proper fit and durability.
- All necessary brackets and fasteners are included with each line kit.
- Firmer pedal feel.
- Shorter stopping distance through shortened “reaction time”.
- More precise brake modulation.
- Include all necessary hardware for a safe, proper installation.
- Plastic strain relief devices to reinforce end fittings.
- Pressure tested to 4500 psi.
- All StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines are DOT (United States Department of Transportation) compliant.